Noise complaints

Your local council has responsibility for the enforcement of noise nuisance under Section 80 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

The council address incidents where noise is being caused from a premises or property rather than on the street, highway or open land. This generally relates to controllable sources such as amplified music, noisy neighbours, barking dogs and audible burglar alarms etc.

The majority of local councils will usually ask you to attempt contact with your neighbours prior to them investigating your complaint however you can always contact your local council for further advice and also to register a complaint.
Who to contact

Durham County Council: 030000 26 0000

Darlington Borough Council: 01325 405111

Does the noise sound like a domestic disturbance? Contact the Police via 999.