alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content
Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies
Posted on Wednesday 22 March 2023
Police notebook

Got a problem with anti-social behaviour but not sure who to report it to?

Our neighbourhood officers and PCSOs work with residents and local organisations to find solutions to anti-social behaviour and other local issues.

There are several different types of anti-social behaviour. Some are dealt with by police, some by your local council and some by other agencies.

Please have a look at our checklist so see which organisation to contact for help.

Make a police report if you experience:

  • Dealing/taking of drugs and drinking alcohol in the street
  • Gangs and youths drinking in parks
  • Vandalism
  • Harassment/intimidation
  • Dangerous dogs
  • Misuse of fireworks
  • Nuisance driving including quad bikes
  • Begging

Make a report to your local council if you experience:

  • Flytipping/littering/waste on land
  • Dog fouling
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Graffiti
  • Stray dogs
  • Nuisance noise
  • Parking issues (except for obstructions)
  • Found syringes

Find more information and how to report anti-social to Durham County Council at Anti-social behaviour - Durham County Council or by calling 03000 26 0000 or emailing

For issued in Darlington, contact Darlington Borough Council or call them anonymously on 01325 406999.

Always call 999 in an emergency.

Search news