A fantastic opportunity has arisen to develop your skills and experience by working as an Apprentice. Apprenticeships will give you the opportunity to support and develop new work-placed skills in an organisation committed to your professional development. These 2 roles will be based within our busy force ICT department based at Police HQ, Aykley Heads, Durham. You will have the opportunity to participate in a supportive environment to develop the behaviours, knowledge and professional skills required of the role and the team. You will commit to your professional development plan, set out at the beginning of your Apprenticeship. The role will be to assist in all aspects of technical support and administration within the ICT arena thereby providing you will a full range of development opportunities.
Apprentices will receive appropriate training and guidance to undertake the full range of technical support and ICT administration which will include:
- To provide a first line Service Desk function to include: fault recognition, logging, recording, diagnosis and rectification as well as responding to general queries
- To assist with the purchase, installation, maintenance and repair of ICT assets
- To install, configure, patch and update software
- To carry out ICT maintenance activities: to include Microsoft Server Administration, Active Directory configuration/ administration and backup/ archiving tasks
- To keep up to date records of ICT assets
- Supporting other team members and colleagues
- To work towards and complete Information Communications Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- 4 GCSEs at C/4 or above to include Maths, English and IT or equivalent qualifications
- Have an analytical thinking process and enjoy problem solving
- A genuine interest in IT and a commitment to attaining the appropriate qualifications of the Apprenticeship
- Good working knowledge of ICT packages
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- A polite, confident and friendly approach
- Ability to undertake a varied workload and be able to adapt and prioritise
- Excellent presentation, organisation and timekeeping skills
- A diligent approach to work ethics
- Understand and respect confidentiality and abide by this at all times
- To have a respect for diversity and be committed to the principles of Equal Opportunities.
- You may be required to attend Derwentside College for release sessions and will be provided protected learning/study time in the workplace to complete your Information Communications Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard and any associated qualifications/assessments.
Due to the nature of the work candidates will be required to undertake a rigorous security screening process.
Commencing Salary: £9,254.44 per annum (£177.97 per week), hours of work are 37 hours, Monday – Friday, subject to flexible working time. After 12 months this will increase to the National Living Wage rate for your age at the time.