Opportunities are now open for officers to directly transfer into Durham Constabulary as a Detective Constable within the CID/Safeguarding Department and Detective Sergeants working within the Safeguarding department.
You will need to be currently:
- Existing Detective Constables (ICIDP or PIP2 equivalent qualified)/ Detective Sergeant or;
- Constables who have completed their probationary period without prior experience in crime and justice roles who demonstrate the desired skills and aptitude and are willing to undertake the National Investigators Examination (NIE), ICIDP course, and completion of portfolio.
- Probationers with more than 21 months' service and who have fully completed their PDP portfolio may also apply.
Applications from those without prior experience in a crime role are also welcome and full support will be provided from the outset via the CID Induction Support Programme. This is an exciting opportunity, offering a gateway into a varied career path involving a range of investigative roles. Those who are less experienced but who possess the aptitude, commitment, and willingness to learn will be fully supported throughout the ICIDP PIP 2 process.
Want to talk it through?
For further information and details on the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited from constables who have completed their probationary period and successfully completed the ICIDP course and SCAIDIP course and substantive detective sergeants..
- Safeguarding is a growing area of policing, it's highly rewarding, worthwhile and it's vital for all investigators to understand this area of work.
- You will be part of a team that deliver excellent results and achieve victim satisfaction, making a difference for the most vulnerable in society.
- Are you interested in working in a dedicated team alongside other agencies delivering excellent investigations protecting the most vulnerable?
- If you are hardworking, dynamic, tenacious and aspire for job satisfaction, please apply.
Once you have submitted your application form, along with all relevant documentation listed, your application will be subject to an eligibility sift.
You may then be invited to attend for an interview/assessment, and if successful you will progress to a standard medical assessment, a substance misuse test and a job related fitness test (JRFT) which may be held on a separate day.
The interview is based on the police professional framework and will incorporate Durham Constabulary values. The fitness test will comprise an endurance test.
Full details of this selection process will be confirmed on receipt of your completed application form.
All transfers must be vetted to a minimum of CTC level by Durham Constabulary regardless of your current vetting status.
Our force takes part in Positive Action which aims to increase recruitment applications from all underrepresented groups. People with language skills, different cultures and backgrounds are encouraged to apply our organisation. We are committed to building our relationships with minority communities and encouraging them to join our policing family.
We value people from all diverse areas of the community and work closely with internal and external support groups to ensure our staff have access to the most appropriate support and career development needs possible to be able to positively contribute to the policing of our communities.
To apply, please download and complete the relevant application form below and return it to email@example.com
You must also include your last two completed PDRs.