A bit about the role…
Durham Constabulary is the top performing Police Force in the country and are looking for an IT Engineers to join the Network & Communications Teams, with a focus on Unified Communications.
The Network & Communications Team has a wide scope of responsibility for providing professional technical solutions to our operational policing environment with responsibilities for both project delivery and supporting our Information Technology Systems.
What we offer…
Durham Constabulary is one of the top-performing police forces in the UK. You will be based at our new purpose-built police headquarters at Aykley Heads just north of Durham City balanced with some home working.
We are an equal opportunities employer and boasts generous terms and conditions of employment including:
- minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after five years continuous service plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time posts
- A defined benefit pension scheme (career average) with death in service benefit.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexi-time and occasional remote/home working,
- Onsite café serving fresh food daily and employee kitchen facilities.
- Access to a range of high street discount services e.g. Blue Light Card
- Secure on site parking and are located close to the local bus and train services.
- terest free loans
- Access to a range of Health and Wellbeing services including an Employee Assistance programme
A bit about you…
Do you have no fear of change and implementing change and a positive outlook on problem solving?
As a Engineer you will require an aptitude for problem solving and be a good team player. If you are enthusiastic, committed, self-motivated and lead by example this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
You will require technical skills in:
- 2+ years of experience supporting Unified Communications technology, with some knowledge of networking, VoIP, and video conferencing systems
- Experience with both on premise and Cloud based phone systems, preferably Avaya and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst being able to adapt to changing circumstances and technology
- Must hold a UK driving Licence and willing to travel occasionally throughout County Durham and Darlington.
Experience of Tetra Radio Equipment, Access Control or CCTV solutions would also be desirable but is not essential
To apply please forward a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability
Please indicate on your covering letter the job reference and the vacancy title.
Candidates must have indefinite leave to work and live in the UK and be free from any restriction. Any successful candidate will be asked to provide evidence of this.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Candidates will be contacted via email in relation to the recruitment process and are advised to also check Junk/Spam folders for email updates.