Working Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: Police Headquarters, Aykley Heads
A bit about the role…
We are currently looking for an IT Technician to join the busy Infrastructure Team within the Digital Development and Technology Command.
You will support and deliver solutions and systems as part of BAU or Projects, working with technologies such as:
- Microsoft Cloud Portfolio (Azure, O365, Teams, OneDrive)
- Microsoft Windows Administration in Server Operating Systems Windows 2012 – 2019
- Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
- Storage Concepts including Nimble and EMC
- Load Balancing Technologies
- VPN Solutions including NetMotion
Additional skills would include:
- Communications Skills – to be able to communicate effectively to colleagues with varying technical knowledge. Having the ability to explain complex technical situations in a manner appropriate to the audience. Ability to liaise with 3rd party suppliers and technical experts to troubleshoot problems on Systems.
- Troubleshooting skills, identifying the details to lead to root cause analysis leading to issues being resolved.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet business critical deadlines and SLAs.
- Familiar with managing incidents end to end using an Incident Management System.
What we offer…
Durham Constabulary is one of the top-performing police forces in the UK. You will be based at our new purpose-built police headquarters at Aykley Heads just north of Durham City balanced with some home working.
We are an equal opportunities employer and boasts generous terms and conditions of employment including:
- Minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after five years continuous service plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time posts
- A defined benefit pension scheme (career average) with death in service benefit.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexi-time and occasional remote/home working,
- Access to a range of Health and Wellbeing services including an Employee Assistance programme
- Access to a wide range of Staff Networking groups
- Access to a range of high street discount services e.g. Blue Light Card
- Secure on site parking and are located close to the local bus and train services.
- Interest free loans
- A range of training and development opportunities
- Onsite café serving fresh food daily and employee kitchen facilities.
A bit about you…
You will be an experienced IT Technician who is committed, self
motivated and lead by example. You will be required to assist IT
Engineers in the development and problems solving of IT systems and
Working in a fast-paced environment requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, alongside a good general understanding of ICT, systems and ability to adapt and learn new technologies on the job.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving license or have access to a means of mobility support as the role involves extensive travel to various locations across the force.
Candidates must have indefinite leave to work and live in the UK and be free from any restriction. Any successful candidate will be asked to provide evidence of this.