A bit about the role…
We are currently looking for an IT Technician to join the busy Network & Communications Team within the Digital Development and Technology Command.
The Network & Communications Team has a wide scope of responsibility for providing professional technical solutions to our operational policing environment with responsibilities for both project delivery and supporting our Information Technology Systems.
The following skills are required:
- A good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Local and Wide Area Network Support Experience
- Cisco Switches and Routers experience
- Firewall Experience
- The ability to diagnose, analyse and problem solve network issues.
- Good communication skills
What we offer…
Durham Constabulary is one of the top-performing police forces in the UK. You will be based at our new purpose-built police headquarters at Aykley Heads just north of Durham City balanced with some home working.
We are an equal opportunities employer and boasts generous terms and conditions of employment including:
- minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after five years continuous service plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time posts
- A defined benefit pension scheme (career average) with death in service benefit.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexitime and occasional remote/home working,
- Access to a range of Health and Wellbeing services including an Employee Assistance program.
- Access to a wide range of Staff Networking groups
- Access to a range of high street discount services e.g., Blue Light Card
- Secure on-site parking and are located close to the local bus and train services.
- Interest free loans
- A range of training and development opportunities including the Microsoft Enterprise Skills Initiative with free courses and exams.
- Onsite café serving fresh food daily and employee kitchen facilities.
A bit about you…
You will be an experienced IT Technician who is committed, motivated and able to lead by example.
You will be required to assist when needed the IT Engineers with trouble shooting and problem solving on various issues. The ability to work alone or equally as a team is essential.
Working in a fast-paced environment requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, alongside a good general understanding of ICT, systems and ability to adapt and learn new technologies on the job.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving license or have access to a means of mobility support as the role involves extensive travel to various locations across the force.
To apply please forward a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining, how you meet the criteria for the role by 5pm on Friday 2nd June 2023 if you can include the job reference number and the title of the vacancy in your covering email.
Candidates must have indefinite leave to work and live in the UK and be free from any restriction. Any successful candidate will be asked to provide evidence of this.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Candidates will be contacted via email in relation to the recruitment process and are advised to also check Junk/Spam folders for email updates