A bit about the role…
As an IT Technician at Durham Constabulary, you will provide technical support for Information Technology and Communication Systems within the parameters of the Departments Service Level Agreements, the Service catalogue and ITIL.
You will be part of a team of up to 10 staff.
This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies to ensure that service is maintained and constantly improved to mission critical parts of the business.
What we offer…
Durham Constabulary is one of the top-performing police forces in the UK. You will be based at our new purpose-built police headquarters at Aykley Heads just north of Durham City balanced with some home working.
We are an equal opportunities employer and boasts generous terms and conditions of employment including:
- minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after five years continuous service plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time posts
- A defined benefit pension scheme (career average) with death in service benefit.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexitime and occasional remote/home working,
- Access to a range of Health and Wellbeing services including an Employee Assistance programme
- Access to a wide range of Staff Networking groups
- Access to a range of high street discount services e.g., Blue Light Card
- Secure on-site parking and are located close to the local bus and train services.
- Interest free loans
- Onsite café serving fresh food daily and employee kitchen facilities.
- Access to continuous professional development opportunities, including technical training options such as Microsoft Enterprise Skills Initiative and Pluralsight
A bit about you…
You will support the ICT Service Desk service and provide a 1st line service which includes assistance with ICT maintenance activities, assistance with the delivery and installation of ICT assets through support, projects, and the IT Request Process.
You will be expected to evidence technical experience in a PC support function involving hardware and software solutions, working with Windows operating systems particularly Windows 10. Some knowledge of Azure, Office 365, SCCM and Intune would be beneficial.
Working in a fast-paced environment requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, alongside a good general understanding of ICT, systems, and ability to adapt and learn new technologies on the job.
At least 3 months administration experience is also a requirement.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving license or have access to a means of mobility support as the role involves extensive travel to various locations across the force.
To apply please forward a copy of your CV along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role by 5pm on Tuesday 6th June 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must have indefinite leave to work and live in the UK and be free from any restriction. Any successful candidate will be asked to provide evidence of this.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Candidates will be contacted via email in relation to the recruitment process and are advised to also check Junk/Spam folders for email updates.