Location: Spennymoor Police Office
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Job Type: Permanent
About the Role:
You will provide clerical support to meet the organisational needs of Durham Constabulary.
You will work as a member of a team being responsible for providing a range of clerical support associated with the provision of a service to the Road Safety Bureau.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Produce general correspondence, letters, memoranda, reports, minutes and statistical information etc. using a range of IT software packages.
2. Receive, sort, handle and distribute mail, deliveries and property as necessary.
3. Input, retrieve and present data using the Force ICT systems.
4. To provide a customer focused service and respond to enquiries from internal and external customers including the general public via telephone, email or written correspondence.
5. Maintain and operate efficient and effective record keeping and filing systems, ensuring they are updated and items stored within manual handling requirements, disposed of and retrieved when appropriate.
6. Liaise with providers of goods and services to ensure there are adequate services and supplies to maintain operational efficiency.
7. To process accounts and claims including the collection of monies and issuing of receipts and other basic budgetary requirements.
8. Manage and support diary events and arrange and service meetings.
9. To provide support to other team members and colleagues.
This post is designated as being part of Durham Constabulary’s clerical group of employees. As such you may be required from time to time to undertake comparable duties in other Sections of Departments/Areas as required.
For further information please view the Job Description.
To apply please download and complete the Police Staff Application Form Pers 198.
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
For application guidance notes please click here.
Hard copy applications and CVs will not be accepted
Candidates will be contacted via email in relation to the recruitment process and are advised to also check junk/spam folders for email updates.