Police Constables, Sergeants and Inspectors
Our overall aim is to provide a first class service by protecting the public, reducing crime and ensuring our communities feel safe. To support us in delivering these aims we are seeking applications from experienced Constables, Sergeants and Inspectors wishing to transfer to Durham Constabulary.
What we can offer
- The opportunity to police one of the most stunning, diverse and beautiful counties in the country.
- A unique and challenging working environment
- Opportunities at locations throughout the county.
- New and innovative approaches to policing to continue to effectively reduce crime.
Are you the right person to transfer?
To be considered eligible to transfer to Durham Constabulary you will:
- Currently be serving at the rank of Constable, Sergeant or Inspector in a Home Office police force, from the Police Service of Northern Ireland, Police Scotland or British Transport Police - to check if you are eligible to transfer from another force please contact us.
- IPLDP Police Constables in their probationary period must have completed at least one full year of their probation. However, those candidates on either the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship or Degree Holder Entry Programme routes, cannot apply with the first year. To apply you must have completed your probationary period.
- Have an acceptable performance, attendance and disciplinary record.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment to policing Durham and Darlington.
- Display full competence against the Policing Professional Framework for the rank of Constable, Sergeant or Inspector and have both experience and competence in investigations and case file preparation.
Before Durham Constabulary progresses your application, consideration will be given to a number of initial eligibility criteria. Therefore, please consider the following before completing an application:
- Candidates who have a current unsatisfactory performance review and/or a performance action plan in place may be rejected during the initial eligibility screening process. We will examine the performance reviews that you submit alongside your application to ensure they meets our standards.
- You must not have any current findings of guilt in respect of any disciplinary action or complaints.
- Durham Constabulary operates a strict Attendance Management Policy. Individuals who have averaged the following triggers over the last 12 months will ordinarily be rejected from the process.
The attendance indicator is no more than 64 hours for Police Officers (pro rata) or no more than 3 periods of absence in the past 12 months; or a pattern of absence suggesting that regular attendance cannot be relied upon.
Consideration will be given to absences resulting from injuries on duty, pregnancy, or conditions covered by the Equality Act 2010. This will be reviewed after successful completion of the required assessment.
- All mandatory training must be in-ticket / up-to-date.
- You will not be eligible to transfer to Durham Constabulary if you have any convictions, cautions, reprimands and penalty notices (other than driving penalty notices). You will not be eligible to apply if you have an existing CCJ or IVA outstanding against you. Applicants who have been registered bankrupt will not be considered. Failure to disclose any of the above will lead to your application being rejected.
- You must also include your last two completed PDRs
Applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis.