alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content
Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies

You can now report certain incidents and make Clare’s Law and Sarah’s Law applications online through the national website.  

These reports will be fed back into our 24-hour control room who will review them and decide the most appropriate course of action.

Find out how below.

Remember, if you or someone else is in immediate danger, always call 999. We can send someone to help straightaway. 

Report rape, sexual assault and other sexual offences 

This service will help you report rape, sexual assault, and other sexual offences.

First, we’ll ask you some questions to make sure reporting online is right for you, and so we can give you the right form to fill in. Then you’ll fill in the report itself.

This will take about 20 to 30 minutes, so please make sure you’re somewhere safe and won’t be disturbed. 

We won’t judge you; we’ll treat you with respect, and we’ll always put your health and wellbeing first.

You can report something that’s happened to you, or to someone else. You can also report anonymously, without giving us your details.

Report domestic abuse

Everyone is entitled to live safely without fear of violence or abuse.

If you or someone you know is suffering from domestic abuse, talk to us - we are here to help you.

This form will take about five to ten minutes to complete, so please make sure you’re safe to take that time to complete it.

Your report will go to our 24/7 contact centre and will be reviewed within a few hours at most.

We won’t send you a receipt email, as this could be a threat to your safety. 

Find out more about domestic abuse, and other agencies that can help you, here.

Request information under Clare’s Law: Make a Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme application

This scheme enables the police to release information about any previous history of violence or abuse a person might have.

Under Clare’s Law you can:

  • Apply for information about your current or ex-partner because you’re worried they may have a history of abuse and are a risk to you
  • Request information about the current or ex-partner of a friend or relative because you’re worried they might be at risk

To find out more about the scheme, click here.

Click here to make a Clare's Law application.

Request information under Sarah’s Law: Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme

The Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme, also known as Sarah’s Law, lets you formally ask the police whether someone who has contact with a child or children:

  • Has a record for child sexual offences
  • Poses a risk to a child or children for some other reason

If you’re worried about someone’s behaviour towards a child, or something you’ve seen, heard, or been told, you can use Sarah’s Law to find out if that person is a risk.

To find out more about the scheme, click here.

Click here to make a Sarah’s Law application.

Hate crime

A hate crime is any criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice based on a protected characteristic.

Our officers and staff are trained to deal with hate crime sensitively and professionally. By reporting it, you may be able to prevent it from happening again to you or someone else.

Remember, you don’t have to be the victim of hate crime to report it. You can report what you’ve seen happening to someone else, or report it on their behalf if they don’t want to.

Report hate crime to police online using our 101 Live Chat here

If you don’t want to report directly to the police, you can submit an online form to True Vision here.